Th227 - Taking Diagnostically Acceptable Radiographs: The Importance of Being a Straight Shooter
Date/Time: 3/17/2022 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Type: Registered Handouts: Yes
Dentist Fee: $25.00 Other Fee: $25.00
Audience: Hygienists, Assistants
The need for quality, predictable, diagnostically acceptable radiographs while minimizing radiation for the patient is at the core of providing evidence based dentistry. This course will examine a variety of ways to ensure patient safety while achieving predictable quality radiographic images.
- Examine the critical role radiographs play in the assessment and diagnosis of dental disease.
- Recognize advantages, varieties and limitations of digital xray systems.
- Identify common errors clinicians experience and solutions to overcome these.
- Examine the products available to help achieve radiographic success.
- Explore trends in radiographic technology and additional training needed to recognize disease and anomalies in varying image systems.
- Understand the rules and regulations pertaining to state requirements and other governing agencies.