Sa371 - HIPAA Security Rule, Data Breaches and Identity Theft: Don't Get Bitten
Date/Time: 3/19/2022 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Type: General Handouts: Yes
Dentist Fee: $0.00 Other Fee: $0.00
Audience: Dentists, Hygienists, Assistants, Office Staff, Lab techs, Spouses, Students
Dental and medical identify theft is now the fastest growing and most lucrative form of identity theft. Any breach that affects our patient’s private data can result in devastating legal and financial consequences. As individuals, we are also vulnerable to various types of cyber hacking and identify theft. Additionally, random HIPAA audits are now being conducted with increasing frequency along with higher fines for non-compliance. Can you afford the fines and loss of patient confidence?
• Learn the steps needed to maintain compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule.
• Recognize and resolve computer and Internet threats.
• Understand the types and modalities of identity theft.
• Analyze hardware, software, and data protection solutions.
• Discover how to thwart low-tech identity theft (it’s still alive and well).